Thursday, August 26, 2010

My problem is

I try to please everyone but there's a big problem in that.

I said it to my dad the other day and the reality of it is just starting to sink in.
"I have to put myself first, and not try to make everyone else happy if it hurts me"
What I meant by this was, although I like to help others, once it starts having a negative effect on me is when I need to change the way I act.

This may seem selfish, but it's the way it should be for everyone. Don't do anything just to try and please another person: do what's best for YOU. If your friends don't realize this, or support you, then they aren't real friends.

2 comments:

  1. I'm exactly like this... though I've talked myself into believing that my happiness is a moot point if others aren't happy, either. Or something along those lines. I don't think I'll be able to break out of it, and it hasn't killed me yet (I doubt it actually will xD) so for now, I'm good. :)

    ReplyDelete